Will I be able to keep my pets while receiving allergy treatment?
– Yes! If possible, Dr. Shah promises not to take away your pets! However, Dr. Shah recommends that they be kept out of the bedroom (if possible) where the patient sleeps.
Can allergies cause migraines?
– Yes. The inflammation that accompanies allergies (especially some food allergies) can trigger migraines. Treating allergies can help alleviate migraine headaches.
Can allergies cause asthma?
– Yes, asthma and allergies are interrelated. Once allergies come under control, asthma comes under control as well.
How long will it take until I begin to feel better?
– 90% of patients show improvement in the first 2 to 6 months.
Do I have to return to your office to take the sublingual immunotherapy?
– The first dose is given here at the office. Subsequently, we can mail a 5 week supply to you, which you may safely take at home.
Do I have to stop allergy medication prior to testing?
– No. Allergy medications do not interfere with testing, because we test for allergies using a single blood test instead of conducting skin “scratch” testing.
What ages of patients are treated at Status Allergy Clinic?
– We treat ages 1 and up.
How long is the program?
– On average, the program is 3 years.
Do you treat for food allergies?
– Yes. We give sublingual therapy to treat food allergies as well as prescribing a rotational diet.
If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to call Status Allergy Clinic at (423) 247-1122.